CEO-UAB welcomes applications from academics to this programme to stay in the Centre to participate in existing projects, and to pursue their own research.
Researchers will work side-by-side with CEO-UAB researchers, and will have full access to scholarly resources, computing facilities and office space if needed. Visitors will have a “sponsor” within the Centre, i.e. a person who is interested in their project and who will be their main point of contact. It is expected that applicants will provide their own direct financial support (salary, travelling).
During their stay, visitors are expected to attend the outreach activities organised, and therefore, while it is understood that there will be short absences for conferences and other commitments, CEO-UAB must be their primary focus during the visit.
- Visiting Fellows. Visiting Fellowships will be awarded to academics to undertake research at CEO-UAB for a period over three months.
- Academic Visitors. Academics from other universities visiting for a period between one week and three months will be awarded an Academic Visitor status.
- Student Visitors. Students from outside the UAB working on a PhD or Master thesis who wish to spend some time at CEO-UAB will be awarded with a status as Student Visitor. They will have access to the UAB computer system, use the CEO-UAB library, and whenever possible, they will be given a desk in the Centre’s research area.
The application for the CEO-UAB Visitors Programme should consist of the following:
- A completed visitor application form
- An academic CV
- A draft research proposal
- A supporting reference from the applicant’s supervisor
If applicants intent to apply to an external funding scheme, they should inform our team in advance of their intention to apply. Examples of funding schemes are provided below. For specific enquiries, please contact us.
- Becas Iberoamérica Jóvenes Profesores e Investigadores: Santander Universidades
- Ayudas para la formación de profesorado universitario de los subprogramas de Formación y de Movilidad dentro del Programa Estatal de Promoción del Talento y su Empleabilidad, en el marco del Plan Estatal de Investigación Científica y Técnica y de Innovación 2013-2016 en I+D+i (FPU 2013) : Estancias breves en España y en el extranjero 2013